For Everyone

I want this blog to be movie reviews, but since I am broke college student, and can't go and spend money on a new release twice a week I am expanding these reviews to review a plethora of movies. Too many people don't watch a variety of movies. There is so much more out there than the average Hollywood blockbuster, even bad movies are better then big budget flicks only out there for the money. So I will explore the understated movies: classics, foreign films, notoriously bad movies that tried, and others, for those of you who want to expand your movie watching range. And I will try to make these posts not sound too pretentious and film snobby, because I don't know enough to justify being a know it all.

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Tangled

     As a girl who grew up loving Disney movies and dreaming of being a princess, I was so excited for this movie, and it did not disappoint. Granted I may be a little biased because this movie had romance, action, comedy and an Alan Menken score; which are all the things necessary for me to like a movie. However, it was all well done, and I was not brainwashed by a mediocre Disney princess movie, but entranced in a great story with fun characters.
     Tangled follows the story of Flynn Rider and Princess Rapunzel. Flynn found her locked away and must take her on an adventure in order to retrieve his stolen crown from her. The story is more intricate and creative then my description, and I am just being vague because it is a great rendition of the Grimm's Brothers tale, and very entertaining all the way through.
     I really fell in love with the characters; which is what made this movie worthwhile. Rapunzel was quirky and sweet, and Mandy Moore played her perfectly. Flynn Ryder was played by Zachary Levi and he was the perfect prince, but not a prince a thief. He was funny, and charming, but also cocky enough to be endearing. Also the evil lady, Mother Gothel, was perfect; she made me really mad with her selfish manipulating of Rapunzel.
     This is a short review I feel like, this movie doesn't need a long review because it is great just the way it is. Here is what I say. In this movie I laughed a lot, and I nearly cried at the end when something sad happened. Also I came home and downloaded all the songs from it to my iPod. It is worth seeing because it did what it set out to, and that was make you fall in love with the story and remember what it is like to dream. I give it an A.

No comments:

Post a Comment